We are delighted to announce that Eclipse Homecare has achieved a Gold Award from Investors in People.
Their report is as follows:
’You have made significant improvements in key areas since your last full IIP Review in 2017 of which some were acknowledged at the 12 and 24-month review visits. As a result of a much-improved recruitment and induction process, staff retention has greatly improved, particularly for those in the first 6 months of joining.
- Management have been quick to adapt to change such as amending the 5-day care certificate/induction training to a mix of face to face and online training, whilst offering the same high level of support and successful completion.
- Roles are designed to help people develop the skills they need to progress whilst policies and processes are being reviewed to ensure they help people act quickly, particularly to meet client needs/expectations.
- Changes are communicated well. New ideas are usually trialled, with the outcomes of pilots being shared and used to inform how changes are deployed.
- There is evidence of more collaborative working across Eclipse as a whole. People feel encouraged to share good practice and expertise and to create informal networks both digitally and face to face.
- People understand the Eclipse vision and strategy and how they contribute to your success.
- Communication was described as excellent, staff said they feel they are kept well informed of what’s going on and this ranges from day to day activities taking place and longer-term future plans such as that of growing the business i.e. more private contracts.
- People truly believe the values are at the heart of the organisation and are guiding principles to the way they work.
- Leaders, managers and people are more consistently acting in line with Eclipse values and behaviours.
- Staff are incredibly loyal and committed to giving their best, in these challenging times due to the Coronavirus pandemic, caregivers are going above and beyond.
- People genuinely believe that management care about the health and wellbeing of staff with numerous examples given of support and solutions offered.
- Managers are approachable, supportive and positive role models.
- Line managers spend time reviewing performance regularly and constructively.
- Your approach to learning and development ensures needs are addressed using a range of innovative solutions and that people are encouraged and supported to achieve their potential.’’
The whole team at Eclipse Homecare growing business is very proud to have awarded IIP Gold Status and have their innovative work and achievements recognised by such a professional body.
Chris Martyn-Smith. HR Director